ShipWeight is the most powerful application for weight control and mass properties engineering and can be utilized from early conceptual design and all the way throughout construction until the platform or vessel is ready for delivery, as well as throughout the whole lifecycle of the vessel.
ShipWeight complies with the requirements of the ISO 19901-5:2003 (Petroleum and natural gas industries - specific requirements for offshore structures) - Part 5: Weight control during engineering and construction standard for doing Class A weight control with regards to data setup, storing, and reporting.
ShipWeight provides a tool for continuous, reliable, and fast weight and CG estimation, starting in the early design phase through launching. The system is designed to give quicker and more accurate estimates and more structured and secure monitoring. It can be implemented at any level, ranging from a single user to a large multiuser system running on SQL server databases, which allows the information to be easily shared by any number of users.
ShipWeight can handle any type of floating structures, and estimation and monitoring can be done according to any work breakdown system dividing the ship into weight groups. The user is able to determine which groups are relevant for his vessel type. Utilizing past ship data, ShipWeight can be used to quickly and efficiently estimate weight and center of gravity. It contains all of the necessary tools to perform weight tracking and monitoring, and numerous import and export functions are available.
Key features include:
- Statistical regression of historical data for parametric estimation
- Systematic approach through work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Weight distribution curve including export to stability programs
- Calculating values of radius of gyration and moment of inertia
- User defined weight reports
- Extensive and flexible data file import functionality
- Automatic conversion between metric and imperial units
- Estimation and monitoring of weight integrated in one system
- Permission control and login system
ShipWeight is used to establish reliable estimates in an early project phase. Level of detail can be adapted to the maturity of the project, and estimation of uncertainty gives a broader basis for determining necessary safety margins.