The Coretrax® CX-IST® (Inflation Support Tool) has been developed to enhance the placement of a cement plug or well barrier fluid.
The IST is deployed from surface down the work string and latches onto a pre-installed landing sub or the CX-2 running sub. Once the tool latches onto the profile, pump pressure will inflate the elastomer and seal the wellbore. The IST is then released by simply picking up the work string.
The IST® provides a 100% wall-to-wall barrier and acts as a base for well fluid or cement. As the same landing sub can be used multiple times, the operator can deploy as many ISTs as required in the same or multiple zones. Combining the CX-2 and IST technologies mean that multiple cement bases can be set, tagged and tested in one run. With innovative technology it breaks new ground within the oil and gas industry.
- Quick deployment
- 100% sealing capability
- Suitable for running in cased or open hole
- Shut-off valve ensures tool does not inflate while being pumped to depth
- Rupture disc prevents the tool from over-inflation
- Constructed from drillable materials
- Unlimited number of ISTs can be deployed in one run