A unique high frequency tuned mass damper, suitable for solving vibration problems in small bore gas piping, often caused by flow induced pulsation (FIP/FLIP).
- Frequency range ca. 20-300 Hz
- Reduces at least 90% of resonant vibration levels – outstanding performance superior to other tuned mass dampers
- Free hanging, requires no support
- Maintenance free, up to 25 years life time
- Operational temperature up to 80 °C
- Simple installation, can be done during operation
- No additional stress from thermal deformation
- No hot work permits required for installation
- Solutions for both topside and subsea
Through its construction and characteristics, a tuned mass damper is tuned to change the dynamics of the damped structure. By moving the modes away from the troubling excitation frequency and adding damping, resonance vibrations are reduced.
The Momentum TMD is clamped to the pipe or structure to be damped, with the integrated clamp included in the delivery. The robust design and long life-time to the Momentum TMD makes it an attractive solution for both new and retro-fit subsea applications.
Read more about the Momentum TMD at our web site.