The IDEA-FDK (Interactive Design, Engineering and Analysis – Field Development Kit) is an advanced 3D design and visualization tool for offshore oil and gas projects. It equips users with a powerful set of tools tailored to provide solutions for the design and visualization needs of offshore oil and gas developments and their associated operations, thus increasing overall project awareness and enhancing operational safety and productivity.
- Import bathymetric data generated from real-world surveys to create a 3D terrain and geo-reference the scene accordingly.
- Plan and visualize equipment layouts, including pipe and cable routing, by adding and positioning 3D equipment models and creating 3D jumpers, flying leads, flow lines, and umbilicals to interconnect the equipment.
- Import GIS (Geographic Information System) shapefiles to enhance the scene with real world mapping data for pipelines, equipment positions, geo-hazards, exclusion zones, etc.
- Export GIS shapefiles containing mapping and equipment positioning information, based on the bathymetry, 3D equipment positions and orientations, and line layouts designed in FDK. These shapefiles can then be used in other GIS applications.
- Capture screenshots, videos and simulation log files which can be used for review, collaboration and marketing purposes.
- Add a dynamic ROV model to the scene and switch to simulation mode, allowing the user to “fly” the ROV through the 3D environment and interact with equipment models for the purposes of access testing and mission planning.