The increasing complexity of advanced systems and machines propelled by evolving market needs requires sophisticated modern Automation Technology. Extensive sub-processes must be seamlessly integrated into these complex structures to enable rapid and reliable transmission of signals and data that are essential for a smooth operation.
This requires adaptable products that are versatile in order to integrate it specifically for the userneeds - the R. STAHL's Remote I/O systems. These highly modular and versatile systems are suitable for incredibly demanding applications in various harsh environments. They transmit process data (e.g. temperatures, levels) to a control system. They also operate actuators (e.g. solenoid valves, positioners).
R. STAHL's remote I/O solutions are suitable for diverse functions at the most harshest environments making it a preferred solution for virtually all tasks in the process industry. The graphic illustrates key advantages of remote I/O technology compared to conventional "point to point" installations:
- No bulky switch and distributor cabinets in the control room.
- Savings in material and working time for field wiring.
- Extensive functions for simplifying commissioning on-site and remotely.
- Integrated diagnostics provide an early warning of failures and avoid system downtimes.
- Fully compatible with conventional and HART-enabled field devices.
Remote I/O systems are thus the most cost-effective solution with regards to procurement and installation (CAPEX) as well as during operation (OPEX).