The Cougar Drilling Solutions DJ6 Drilling Jar is one of the toughest and most durable jars in the oil industry. Designed and operated for a wide range of applications, this jar is ideal for directional, horizontal and deep hole applications, both on and off shore. With its reliable, state-of-the-art design, the Cougar DJ6 Drilling Jar is a proven performer worldwide.
Benefits & Features
- Work the jar upwards and downwards with two-way action
- Gain peace of mind knowing the mechanical latch ensures the jar will not accidently fire while tripping or making connections
- Utilize pipe stretch to assist in the jarring performance with the hydraulic operation
- Aid jar impact with the drill collar mass
- Create greater or lesser impact by pulling the jar harder or more lightly
- Fire the jar downward using the string weight above the jar in a hammering manner—downward jarring is achieved mechanically by overcoming the downward lock setting
- Not affected by torque, no safety clamp required
- Hydraulic delay not affected by hole temperature or by long-term jarring
- Standard operating temperatures up to 250°F (121°C). Special seals are available for operating temperatures up to 450°F (232°C).
Drill collars will enhance the jar’s performance and increase its impact. The harder the jar is pulled, the greater the impact. The lighter it’s pulled the softer the impact. (Maximum pre-firing information is provided in this brochure)
Cougar DS recommends running the jars in the lower section of the drill collars if possible. Cougar DS Drilling Jars should not run in the neutral point.
For maximum pre-firing pull, see the DJ6 specifications table provided with this brochure. Once the jar has pulled through the mechanical latch, and the metering of the jar has been completed, then the jar will fire. Repeat the procedure by lowering the drillstring, re-latching the jar.