FuchsRohr® AluDrill™ HPP aluminum alloy drill pipe is made by combining a high strength-to-weight precision aluminum tube with conventional steel tool joints via a threaded thermal interference fit. The tube has an ISO compliant modified ACME thread at each end and connects to a steel tool joint with a matching thread on the back side of the tool joint. The tube body is tapered to provide improved strength in high torque areas, buckling resistance in compression and wear resistance at key points along the pipe geometry.
Key features include:
• Seamless tube capabilities for high fatigue resistance and long life
• Tapered (upset) tube geometries for maximum strength-to-weight and performance
• Finished solutions such as welded, threaded and coupled pipes
• Finite element and torque & drag modeling services
• Rental and field services for FuchsRohr® AluDrill™ drill pipes