E.H. Wachs ECC External Casing Cutter Kit utilizes Wachs proven DynaPrep MDSF split frame technology to cut a wide range of casing conductors externally above the wellhead. The ECC split frame mounts around the exposed casing OD above the wellhead and simultaneously cuts and chamfers prior to fitting the BOP. Ring sizes are available for most grades and weights of the exposed external casing (or drive pipe/conductor) up to a 26in (660 mm) diameter.
ECC kits are available in 6 standard ring sizes, featuring interchangeable tool slides and machine drives to cut and bevel all wellhead casing grades, sizes and weights from 4 ½in to 26in OD (with larger sizes available by special order). The ECC is portable, compact, lightweight and requires minimal axial and radial clearance. A single operator can setup and machine the casing for minimal open time. The ECC takes advantage of the wide range of standard Genuine Wachs Tooling. It requires minimal axial and radial clearances, and is available with pneumatic or hydraulic drive. Remote hand held controls are optionally available.
ECC External Casing Cutter Features
· External casing (drive pipe/conductor) cutting and beveling up to a 26in (660 mm) diameter
· Utilizes standard Wachs Genuine Tooling for severing and chamfering
· Based on Wachs field proven Split Frame technology
· Requires minimal axial and radial clearances; hydraulic or pneumatic drive
· Dedicated DuoEdge Casing Cutting Tool Holder & Insert
· Simultaneously cuts & bevels casing
· ECC can be used inverted for cut lines close to the flange
· ECC low clearance design fits into tight operating envelope
E.H. Wachs External/Internal Casing Cutter (EICC) kit accommodates a wide range of casing diameters above the wellhead and ID cuts below. Splitting to mount around the casing OD above the wellhead, the MDSF split frame serves as the foundation of the EICC. Requiring minimum axial and radial clearance, the EICC can be setup and will cut casing above the wellhead in less than 30 minutes. An internal parting and bevel attachment mounts to the LCSF or DynaPrep MDSF rotating ring for cutting and/or beveling the internal casing below the wellhead. Because of its ability to cut at various depths, the time the wellhead must remain open is greatly reduced.
EICC External Internal Casing Cuter Features
· Cuts up to 7in through 13 3/8in API casing.
· Utilizes standard Wachs Genuine Tooling for external severing and chamfering
· Optional specialized casing cutter tooling holder and inserts available
· Based on the Wachs field proven LCSF & DynaPrep MDSF split frame