Seabed Separation have developed the DPS process equipment to enable more effective field development solutions.
Our main process stages are:
- Removing the gas from the liquid stream
- Route the oil & water through conditioning pipes, through the DPS pipes, where the separation occurs.
- Transport the water and the oil through separate outlets in the DPS
- The gas is spiked back into the oil, and the water is injected or discharged to sea
All this is achieved with a minimum of pressure drop.
Our approach to separation is the key new element to our product/service offering. We´re focusing on controlling the multiphase flow into our system, rather than the old approach of retention time inside a separator. We have achieved significant improvement on water quality and speed of operation. I.e. our equipment is more effective, smaller and lighter.
By simplifying the way produced water is managed we are enabling the development of many more and marginal subsea fields. Rather than using old style and large gravity based separator vessels or process equipment that induce motion and mixing into the process stream, we let the flow take control and through our inclined DPS pipes we achieve effective separation.
We are able to process the produced water to an oil-in-water level <30 ppm for water cuts < 60%, and combined with a water polishing unit we can achieve qualities sufficient to discharge directly to sea.
What’s the Value?
- High separation efficiency – to improved flow regime
- Low weight (possibly 60-70 % reduction)
- Small footprint (60 000 BPD = 6 x 9 x 4 m)
- Flexible to changes in water cut and gas/oil ratios
- Scalable: Possible to scale up capacity in stages
- Retrievable: Easier maintenance (modular)
- Operational reliability: Redundancy, no pumps
- Better flow assurance: Slugging, enables longer transport
- Reduced chemicals usage for transport/production
- Lower back pressure (WHFP) - Increased Recovery
- Suitable for ultra-deep installations