DURUM is one of the market leaders in the repair of Non-magnetic tools and parts used in the Oil and Gas Industry. As a result of applying specially-developed Products, we can now offer our clients the unique ability to salvage Magnetic and Non-magnetic parts that would otherwise have been scrapped. This represents a major break-through in our research and development program and significant cost-benefit to our clients.
- Material overlays on thin Non-magnetic parts to ensure reduced wear and extended/ reusable part live
- Application of precise and uniform metal overlays to resize tools such as stabilizers – to a thickness of over 5 mm
Parts commonly repaired include string / near bit stabilizers, sleeves and other specialized directional drilling Wear Parts.
As a result of more than 15 years of in- house development and use, we have now introduced a durable, reliable, mobile PTA machine onto the market.
The cost- efficient PTA welding system DURWELD 300 T is equipped with powerful water cooling unit and can be operated manually or, optionally, with external manipulation devices using CNC or robotic interfaces.
Developed and manufactured by DURUM in Germany the mobile plasma powder cladding system DURWELD 300 can also be supplied with an interface to connection to a robot system.
DURUM focuses on "continuous development" and sets aside a significant annual budget for research and development including new product advancement, product enhancement and the development of highly specialized solutions to the most challenging applications in the oil and gas industry.
As a result of applying specially developed products, we can now offer our clients the unique ability to salvage magnetic and non-magnetic parts that would otherwise have been scrapped. This represents a major breakthrough in our research.
DURUM provides high performance welding and surfacing wires and powders and is a global market leader in the supply of specialized non-magnetic overlays that can be applied by a range of proses including:
- Flux Cored Wire
- Plasma Transferred Arc (PTA) Welding
- Oxy-fuel welding
- Thermal spray (powder and wire)
DURUM maintains production and workshop facilities through its subsidiaries in Brazil (Sao Paulo), France (Saint Victor) and the USA (Houston, Texas)
We are providing a broad range of specialized surface coating materials including:
- Stabilizer hard-facing materials
- Tungsten Carbide Rods for Tri-Cone-Bits
- Cast/ Fused Tungsten Carbide
- Flux Cored Wires for Tool-Joint Hard-banding: Used for hard surfacing new and worn out parts, buffer layers, build up. Special combinations of two and more alloys are used to provide specific surfacing properties that are unobtainable by other coating highest methods.
- PTA (Plasma Transferred Arc) Welding and Equipment
- Composite Rods
- Oxy-Acetylene Tungsten Carbide Gas Welding Rods: (Including flexible wire rod for extreme wear surfacing)
- Tungsten Carbide Tubular Electrodes
- Tungsten Carbide Wires for GMAW - DURUMAT - NIFD
- Hard-banding Wires
- PTA Machines and Applications
- Thermal Spray Powders and Wires
- Hard-facing Services and Consumables
- Flexible-Floppy Rods with Fused-Cast Tungsten Carbide in Nickel Matrix
Self-Fluxing powders with and without Tungsten Carbides: Can be fused as a subsequent overlay to provide a metallurgical bond with the substrate,highly resistant to abrasion, cavitation, fretting, particle erosion and corrosion