The largest oil and gas show in the world will once again provide the backdrop for CMP Products’, ‘Sentinel’ cable gland corrosion shield.
CMP Products, a market-leading specialist in cable glands and cable cleats, has designed and engineered the Sentinel to protect glands in some of the harshest environments on the planet, including freezing temperatures where the Sentinel can withstand impact tests at temperatures as low as -76o F (-60oC).
The shield was launched with a great deal of interest to OTC delegates, last year, gaining plaudits for the shield’s resistance to corrosive substances such as potash, ammonia, chlorine, hydrogen chloride (sour gas) and salt spray; as well as being resistant to other environmental factors such as UV exposure.
Initially developed for Potash mining applications in Canada, the Sentinel is designed for the TMC2 and TMC2X cable glands, which are used predominantly throughout North and South America.
CMP has been designing, engineering and manufacturing cable glands for more than 60 years and the company is keen to showcase the product from their booth at the exhibition, as Jamie Hughes, Regional Manager explains:
“Displaying the Sentinel at OTC provides us with the opportunity to showcase our product directly to the North and South American markets.
Vince Patterson, CEO of CMP Products added:
“CMP is constantly bringing solutions to the market that helps to solve the problems of our customers. In the current economic climate, customers need cost-effective solutions that extend the life of products, so the Sentinel corrosion shield is sure to attract a great deal of attention.
For further information, please contact:
Lucy Cook, CMP Marketing Department
Tel: +44(0)191 204 3641
Notes to Editors
About CMP Products
- Part of the highly-respected British Engines Group since 1957.
- Employs over 300 people across 10 offices globally, with products in 6 continents.
- Committed to quality, with an on-going Lean Six Sigma (LSS) drive underway to train 220 people in the company on LSS by 2020.
- Wide range of industries including mining, oil & gas, rail, pharmaceuticals, construction
- Technical experts in cable gland and cable cleats, CMP maintains its position as one of the market leaders through continuous improvement in investing in research and development (R&D).
- The company has its own in-house laboratory which allows it to test and run trials on site.
- CMP is committed to high quality customer service and offer worldwide on-site and off-site training on installation of its products.