The AICV® is a fully autonomous inflow control valve that remains open for oil inflow and can shut off un-wanted gas and water at the reservoir sand-face. AICV® can be designed for various reservoir conditions and well applications allowing more oil to be produced with less gas and water creating more economical wells with environmental benefits. Supporting operators in ‘Making Better Wells’.
InflowControl is an innovative Norwegian technology company with proven experience from developing and introducing new Autonomous Inflow Control Devices (AICD) into a conservative oil industry. The company’s core focus is the AICV® technology that will increase oil and gas recovery in both offshore and onshore wells worldwide
InflowControl have state of the art Flow Control testing facilities in its modern headquarters located in Porsgrunn, Norway (near Oslo, the capital of Norway) and have several regional offices which serve operators across the globe.
InflowControl’s product line of field proven AICV's can support production enhancement ranging from Ultra Light Oil (for Gas Shut off and Water Management) up to Heavy-Extra Heavy Oil where Steam management/shut-off is required.
- AICV® Ultra Light Oil: proven, robust and an industry ‘first’ for Gas Shut-off within oil viscosities as low as 0.25 cP and for Water Management, the AICV® Ultra Light Oil can dramatically choke the water within 0.6 – 0.8 cP ranges while also stopping gas production.
- AICV® Light Oil: remains open for light oil and chokes back water and/or gas. This AICV® Light Oil is designed and qualified for oil viscosities of 1.5 – 5 cP at reservoir conditions.
- AICV® Medium Oil: designed for medium oil, 5 – 50 cP. The AICV® will be fully open for oil and shut-off water and gas. The AICV® Medium Oil has been extensively run in several different reservoirs globally hosting reservoir conditions from 5 – 50 cP.
- AICV® Heavy Oil: designed to maximize oil production from hydrocarbon rich zones in reservoirs >50 cP. It is designed to choke off un-wanted water and close off gas.
- AICV® Extra Heavy Oil: Extra heavy oil or bitumen is a challenge to produce. Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) is commonly used to produce the oil, but steam breakthrough limits the production and economics when it cannot be controlled. The Heavy Oil AICV® can stop the steam, improve oil recovery and reduce the steam oil ratio (SOR) significantly.