The Model 922-MES is an advanced SIIS level 3 managed switch supporting next generation redundancy, timing protocols and Quality of Service (QoS). Using a flexible modern hardware architecture allows the model 922-MES to support current and new protocols in software as they become adopted. This allows for a long product life, without the need to re-qualify hardware to support new features.
A unique advantage of the model 922-MES flexible hardware architecture is the secure user application space. The microcontroller on the model 922-MES has a secure application space allowing a user to install custom software, differentiating their product from others. The secure user application space does not interfere with the core functionality, nor does it invalidate the qualification.
Advanced diagnostics can be used to monitor and report the health of the system. The diagnostics are available via Modbus TCP, and other protocols over any of the Ethernet ports, and provide a unified interface for all 922 products. The model 922-MES also provides a black box by storing life data on-board. The black box is accessible over any of the Ethernet ports. The diagnostics capabilities of the model 922-MES can be used to trend and monitor the life of the product providing enhanced visibility into system performance.
Optical communication performance can be extended by using Focal’s subsea qualified fiber-optic SFP modules. Options are available supporting tiebacks or step outs of up to 200 km.
- 10-port SIIS level 3, layer 2 switch
- Qualified per ISO 13628-6 / API 17F
- MTBF > 200,000 hours at +40 C
- Redundancy protocols: RSTP, MRP, HSR, PRP
- Precision timing per IEE-1588v2 PTP
- Secure user application space
- Advanced diagnostics and configuration using Modbus TCP
- DHCP-configured IP address with static IP backup
- 3U Eurocard form-factor with options for front panel or heat sink
- Failsafe remote firmware update
- Proven SIIS level 3 solution for subsea communications
- Reduces cost by using standard configurations
- Supports copper or fiber-optic connections with qualified SFP modules
- Flexible architecture allowing feature upgrades as new protocols are adopted
- Simplifies integration with unified software interface